Caution - Caution - Caution!
This webpage will not be updated anymore.
Please refer to www.botanik.uni-greifswald.de/laoek.html
Telefon: +49 3834 86 4141
|Name: ||Julia Schneider |
|Date of birth: ||3rd of November 1979, in Tarko-Sale, Russia |
|Citizenship: ||German |
| || |
Education and Work Experience
|since 5/2006 ||Ph.D. student at the project group lead by M. Wilmking, Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology, University of Greifswald |
- "Dynamics of CO2 fluxes from boreal peatlands during freezing and thawing seasons"
|11/2005-4/2006 ||graduate assistant at the project group lead by M. Wilmking, Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology, University of Greifswald |
- data management and interpretation of the results of the CO2 and CH4 measurements determined by the Biogeoscience group in Finland
|1998 - 2005 ||Diplom in Geography, Institute of Geography, Dresden University of Technology, Germany |
| ||Specialization: Soilscience, Geology |
| ||Diploma thesis: "Bilanzierung von Methanemissionen in Tundragebieten am Beispiel des Lena-Deltas, Nordostsibirien, auf der Basis von Fernerkundungsdaten und Geländeuntersuchungen" at Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Research Unit Potsdam |
|4/2002 - 9/2002 ||Internship at the Department of Geography, University of Wales, Swansea, UK in the following projects: "Erosional consequences of different fire intensities of fire-induced water repellency in the Sydney forest fires region" and industry funded project:"Surfactant effects on soil water repellency" |
- design of water repellent soil material using glass pellets and a range of hydrophobic organic compounds
- examination of the effects of different environmental conditions on the wettability of such soils
- field and laboratory evaluation of the efficiency of a range of novel surfactants in ameliorating water repellency in sports turf soils
|9/2001 - 10/2001 ||student assistant at Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Research Unit Potsdam |
- microbiological, physical and chemical analysis of permafrost affected soils, data management and interpretation
- investigations are part of the Russian-German Cooperation "System Laptev Sea 2000"
|3/2001 - 5/2001 ||student assistant in the project "Schwermetalle in den Waldböden Mitteleuropas" at the Institute of Soil Sciences at the Dresden University of Technology |
|1998 ||Abitur, Lößnitzgymnasium in Radebeul |
| || |